In this challenging and fun Match-3 adventure, you must help Erwin, a zoologist and founder of the “Serengeti – For A Better Life” initiative, save the endangered animals of the Serengeti from a vicious gang of evil poachers. You’ll need to solve 105 levels of fast paced Match-3 action, spanning 8 chapters of storyline in order to stop the poachers and rescue the animal residents of the Serengeti National Park in this thrilling African-themed game!
Watch the trailer below, then check out screenshots from this EXCLUSIVE game that you can ONLY get at iWin.com starting tomorrow, Wednesday, June 3rd!
Happy Earth Day! Are you as environmentally conscious as you could be? If not, here are some tips on how live a greener, more eco-friendly life! After all, we’ve only got one earth, let’s all do our parts to make sure it sustains us for generations to come!
1. Turn off and unplug computers at night. This simple step taken before bedtime can save up to 40-watt hours per day.
25% of the electricity used by electronic devices such as computers is used while the device is simply plugged in! Unplug them or plug them into a power strip that can be switched off.
2. Fix leaks. A dripping faucet can account for more than 3,00 gallons of wasted water per year! Toilets that run can waste almost 200 gallons of water PER DAY. Fix those leaky faucets and toilets ASAP!
3. Replace any non-stick pots or pans with cast iron ones. A properly season cast iron skillet is naturally non-stick and don’t contain any fluoropolymers the chemicals used to make a pan non-stick. These toxic chemicals are also released into the air when you cook and are known to break down into carcinogens.
4. Wash clothes in cold water and ONLY if there’s a full load. This simple step helps reduce water waste and can save the average household up to $40 annually.
5. Compost food scraps. Composting reduces garbage thrown into landfills and can be used as fertilizer in your garden. It’s a win-win!
6. Telecommute if possible. Obviously automobile emissions are horrible for the environment, so if you job allows it, try to work from home when possible. If telecommuting isn’t an option, try to take public transportation or ride your bike to work!
7. Buy recycled products. Look for keywords like ‘recycled’ or ‘post-consumer’ on products like paper towels, printer paper, sleeping bags, trash cans and carpeting. The content of the recycled material can vary so try to find products with a higher percentage of post-consumer materials used.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! If you’re anything like me, you can’t wait to get home and dig into some corned beef and cabbage and then maybe wash it down with some green beer. But how much do you really know about this most Irish of holidays? Read on and learn!
1. Saint Patrick was born in Britain, then under Roman rule, in or around the 4th century. After being kidnapped by raiders from Ireland, he converted to Christianity and after a vision in which God spoke to him, devoted his life to converting the Irish people to it as well. He died on March 17th, in the year 461 AD, which thenceforth became St. Patrick’s Day.
In honor of Tell A Fairy Tale Day we’ve whipped up a special Word Search Daily puzzle with a fairy-tale theme and we also thought it’d be fun to gather some interesting facts about fairy tales that may surprise you!
Who doesn’t love fairy tales? From Shrek to Once Upon A Time to Into The Woods, fairy tales are currently and long have been an essential part of pop culture. But how much do you really know about them? Read on and find out!
1. The most well-known collectors of fairy tales, The Brothers Grimm did not intend for the folk tales they compiled to be consumed by children. They collected these tales to preserve the storytelling traditions of the Germanic people.
2. In the original tale of Cinderella, the wicked stepmother, in order to make the stepsister’s feet fit into the golden slipper, hands them a knife and commands them to cut off parts of their feet.
3. In the original tale of Aladdin, the wishes the genie actually grants unlimited wishes, not just three.
4. The 3 bears in Goldilocks weren’t originally a family. They were just 3 good-natured and kindly bears. Over the years they have morphed into a father, mother and baby bear.
5. Astronomers and astrophysicists have adopted the term “Goldilocks planet” to describe a planet that falls within a star’s habitable zone; a region around a star within which planetary objects can maintain sufficient atmospheric pressure to support liquid water on the surface. In other words, it’s not too far from the star, nor is it too close. It’s “just right”.
6. In many versions of the Red Riding Hood tale, Red is actually bringing red wine and cake to her grandmother. Also, the “big bad wolf” is frequently portrayed as a werewolf, both human and wolf.
7. Sleeping Beauty, instead of pricking her hand on a spindle, in an Italian collection of folk tales published in 1634, she simply gets a piece of flax lodged under her nail which sends her into a slumber.
So there you have it, 7 things you may not have known about famous fairy tales. Be sure to head to iWin.com to find some fun, fairy-tale themed games, including the brand new Worldwide Premiere time management game, Fairy Kingdom!
Thanks to our recently released online game, Word Search Daily I’ve got salty, smoky, bacon-y goodness on my mind.
Let me explain…
So, our fantastic new online game, the aforementioned Word Search Daily, features a new theme every day around which all the words you have to find are associated. For instance, yesterday, the theme was “Sweet Treats” and every word in the puzzle was some kind of, you guessed it, sugary confection.
Well today’s theme is “Meat Lovers”, of which I definitely am one. When I order a pizza, it better have pepperoni, sausage, ham and of course, bacon. I mean aside from vegetarians and vegans, who doesn’t love bacon? (And I suspect quite a few vegetarians and vegans are secret fans, though they’d never admit it.) Seriously, a pizza with pepperoni, bacon and pineapple? You truly haven’t lived until you’ve tried it.
Anyway, today’s word search got me thinking about bacon (okay, I was probably already thinking about bacon, but that’s beside the point) and all the neat, innovative ways it’s being used in food.
Bacon on a doughnut? Definitely.
Bacon in a chocolate bar? Sure!
Bacon IN a pancake? Of course, silly!
Deep fried bacon? Um…well…seems like a bad idea health-wise…but okay, why not? Hand it over!
In short, bacon = magical.
Read on for even more bacon deliciousness…
Oh, and of course don’t forget to check out Word Search Daily! Every day is a brand new theme so it’s always fresh, fun and challenging! And remember, like all of our online games, Word Search Daily is 100% free and doesn’t need to be downloaded! Simply log on to iWin.com on your phone, tablet, or PC, wherever you are and start playing right away! Be sure to connect your Facebook or Google+ accounts and compete against your friends!
Now back to the bacon…
Ever had a chocolate chip cookie with candied bacon bits in it? (Click on the links or pictures for the recipes!)
As I’m sure you’re aware, zombies are hot right now. Well, I guess technically they’re more likely to be cold, what with being undead and all, but nevertheless, zombies have never been more popular than they are nowadays. Just this past Sunday night, over 17 million people tuned in to watch the fifth season premier of The Walking Dead (it actually beat Sunday Night Football)!
It’s clearly a great time to be a zombie fan. But how much do you really know about zombies or how the whole zombie thing got to be so popular in the first place? Did you know, for instance, that zombies can actually exist? Obviously not the flesh eating, undead variety of zombie, but still just as mindless, shambling, and lacking in fear.
Today is Curious Events Day, a day to celebrate all of the intriguing mysteries the world has to offer! We here at iWin certainly love mystery (and we have TONS of very “mysterious” games to boot) so we’re happy to indulge in a little celebration of unexplained phenomenon! (Click on any of the pictures or topics below to be taken to a game about that very subject!)
For instance, did you know that one night in 1977 a man named Jerry Ehman, a volunteer for SETI (the Search For Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) received a transmission from an unknown source that to this day remains completely unexplained? Known as The Wow! Signal, it was a very loud radio transmission that lasted a full 72 seconds and seems to have originated from the Sagittarius constellation.
Amazed, Ehman wrote the word “Wow!” on the printout record of the broadcast. This signal has never occurred again and every attempt to locate it has failed. Pretty mysterious isn’t it?
Read on for even more unexplained mysteries!
Did you know it was Cow Appreciation Day? Because it totally is! I don’t know about you, but I think cows are super cute. So in honor of Cow Appreciation Day, and apropos of pretty much nothing, here are some pictures of some especially adorable bovines! Don’t think cows are cute? Allow us to try and change your mind!
I mean, come on, look at that face!
Or how about these lovers?
Then there’s this shaggy guy –
Or this loving mother and her calf –
Of course there’s this cutie –
And finally here’s a cow called Wanda. Because why not?
Be sure to check out one of iWin’s many games featuring cows to keep the Cow Appreciation Day festivities going!
Every day for the next month on the official iWin Facebook page, we’ll be pitting two similarly themed games against each other and asking YOU to vote for your favorite! The winner of each round will proceed to the next until eventually there’s only one game left standing! Just leave a comment and tell us which one YOU think should win!
First up, representing the Travel Division, are are Delicious: Emily’s Honeymoon Cruise versus Rainforest Adventure! Head on over to our Facebook page and let us know which game you want to triumph over the other and face the next competitor!
And after you’ve done that, be sure to check out the World of Games Sale and celebrate global unity while saving 50% off of some fantastic games!