That’s right folks, it’s Friday which means it’s time to spotlight another of our fantastic and ever-growing assortment of completely FREE Online Games! This week we’re shining a light on an adorable charmer of a matching game called Pandalicious!
In this clever take on the match-3 genre, your job is to feed the cute panda bear (are there really any other kinds of pandas? I think not) all of the fruit that you’re able to match! If you don’t match it, he can’t eat it. You can match as many fruits as possible in almost any direction; up, down, diagonal, sideways. The bigger the chain of fruits, the more bonuses you’ll get! It starts off simple, but with each level the challenge steadily increases!
Check out some screenshots from the game after the cut and then head over to iWin.com, play a few rounds of Pandalicious and make sure that panda’s belly is full! You wouldn’t want to starve a panda, would you?
Are you ready for an all new twist on the classic strategy and tower defense game? Then the soon-to-be-released game Sleep Attack should be right up your alley!
In this charming new game, you are in control of the design and layout of the battlefield and you also control how the enemies move and where they go. Build battlements and turrets to redirect the troops and then rotate the field to confuse them even further!
For fans of strategy and tower defense games, this is an absolute must-have! Take a look at some game art below and don’t miss the trailer! Then on June 20th, log on to iWin.com to download and play Sleep Attack for yourself!
Check out the trailer for the upcoming, BRAND NEW eleventh entry in the massively popular Delicious series – Delicious – Emily’s Home Sweet Home!
In this exciting new chapter, you must help Emily and her husband fix up their new house and stop it from being condemned! Can you help turn their house into a home?
Watch the trailer below and check out some fantastic game art after that. Then head to iWin.com on June 18th when the newest, heavily anticipated chapter of the Delicious series is released and be one of the first people ANYWHERE to download the World Wide Premier, Delicious – Emily’s Home Sweet Home!
Missing out on some Emily titles? Be sure to check out the Delicious Super Pack which includes 11 Emily games in one convenient download, and the Delicious Double Pack featuring the two most recent entries in the beloved series, Delicious – Emily’s Honeymoon Cruise and Delicious – Emily’s New Beginning!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! If you’re anything like me, you can’t wait to get home and dig into some corned beef and cabbage and then maybe wash it down with some green beer. But how much do you really know about this most Irish of holidays? Read on and learn!
1. Saint Patrick was born in Britain, then under Roman rule, in or around the 4th century. After being kidnapped by raiders from Ireland, he converted to Christianity and after a vision in which God spoke to him, devoted his life to converting the Irish people to it as well. He died on March 17th, in the year 461 AD, which thenceforth became St. Patrick’s Day.
In honor of Tell A Fairy Tale Day we’ve whipped up a special Word Search Daily puzzle with a fairy-tale theme and we also thought it’d be fun to gather some interesting facts about fairy tales that may surprise you!
Who doesn’t love fairy tales? From Shrek to Once Upon A Time to Into The Woods, fairy tales are currently and long have been an essential part of pop culture. But how much do you really know about them? Read on and find out!
1. The most well-known collectors of fairy tales, The Brothers Grimm did not intend for the folk tales they compiled to be consumed by children. They collected these tales to preserve the storytelling traditions of the Germanic people.
2. In the original tale of Cinderella, the wicked stepmother, in order to make the stepsister’s feet fit into the golden slipper, hands them a knife and commands them to cut off parts of their feet.
3. In the original tale of Aladdin, the wishes the genie actually grants unlimited wishes, not just three.
4. The 3 bears in Goldilocks weren’t originally a family. They were just 3 good-natured and kindly bears. Over the years they have morphed into a father, mother and baby bear.
5. Astronomers and astrophysicists have adopted the term “Goldilocks planet” to describe a planet that falls within a star’s habitable zone; a region around a star within which planetary objects can maintain sufficient atmospheric pressure to support liquid water on the surface. In other words, it’s not too far from the star, nor is it too close. It’s “just right”.
6. In many versions of the Red Riding Hood tale, Red is actually bringing red wine and cake to her grandmother. Also, the “big bad wolf” is frequently portrayed as a werewolf, both human and wolf.
7. Sleeping Beauty, instead of pricking her hand on a spindle, in an Italian collection of folk tales published in 1634, she simply gets a piece of flax lodged under her nail which sends her into a slumber.
So there you have it, 7 things you may not have known about famous fairy tales. Be sure to head to iWin.com to find some fun, fairy-tale themed games, including the brand new Worldwide Premiere time management game, Fairy Kingdom!
It’s National Puzzle Day! How are you celebrating? Are you solving a crossword or sudoku? Putting together a jigsaw puzzle? Or are you finally conquering that Rubik’s Cube you’ve had since 1982?
Here are some fascinating things about puzzles you might not know!
1. The word ‘puzzle’ actually has a somewhat puzzling origin. It seems to have entered popular use towards the end of the 16th century, first appearing as a verb, not a noun. It’s believed to have grown out of the Medieval French word, “pusle” which means ‘to bewilder’.
2. The history of crossword puzzles is similarly in dispute. Having existed in some form since the 1800s, the first puzzle that would be recognized as a crossword was published on December 21, 1913 by Arthur Wynne in the newspaper The New York World.
3. Sudoku puzzles have actually only been around since 1979. Invented by Howard Garns, a 74 year old retired architect the first modern sudoku puzzle was published as “Number Place” in Dell Magazines. Sadly, Garns passed away before he was able to see the puzzle’s explosion in popularity in the late 1990s.
4. The world’s largest Rubik’s Cube, which is a 17x17x17 grid, took a man named Kenneth Brandon 7.5 hours to solve!
So are you ready to celebrate National Puzzle Day? If so, be sure to check out all of the fantastic puzzle games on offer at iWin.com, including jigsaw puzzles, crosswords and of course sudoku as well. Or if word searches are more your speed, be sure to check out Word Search Daily, which is completely free!
What are you waiting for? Get to puzzling ASAP and enjoy National Puzzle Day!
Every day you can count on there being BRAND NEW content all centered around one overarching theme. For instance, yesterday featured a puzzle called “Celestial Bodies”.
Once you click “Play”, you’re taken into the coffeehouse-inspired game screen and you discover that the title is referring not to ridiculously fit celebrity beach bods, but instead to planets and moons found in our solar system.
There’s a brand new theme and brand new puzzle every single day! And of course Word Search Daily, like all of our Online Games is completely free and requires no download. It’s also playable on the go on your smartphone or tablet! Be sure to link your Facebook or Google+ accounts to save your scores and see how you stack up against other players!
Free Game Friday is BACK!
We took a week off for the holidays, but we’re back again! This week we’re bringing you the super fun match-3 marvel Space Hunt!
In this game, featuring adorable graphics, a soothing ambient score and relaxing gameplay, you must help the astronauts combine 3 or more like planets and explore the vast expanses the universe. Do you have what it takes to boldly go…well, you know the rest…
As I’m sure you know by now, all of our Online Games, are 100% free to play and require no download at all. Want to play Space Hunt on the go? Just grab you your smartphone or tablet, head to m.iwin.com, click on Space Hunt and start playing!
So go ahead, start exploring the galaxy with Space Hunt right away!
Played today’s Word Search Daily puzzle yet? No? Why don’t you head on over and do that. I’ll wait….
Back? Great. Did you notice today’s theme? That’s right, it’s phobias! Have any? Anything that you’re irrationally afraid of?
This season, the popular television series American Horror Story (subtitled “Freakshow” for this iteration) concerns a particularly sinister circus side show. I’ve watched every season of AHS so far, but I can’t bring myself to do so this year. Why? Three words; Twisty the Clown.
Not Twisty, but still probably evil.
I’m also incapable of playing the otherwise intriguing-sounding Weird Park series of games for much the same reason. And people have told me that they’re actually really fun! I mean, come on, check out that dude on the left…
Given the sensitive and potentially chills-inducing nature of this topic, I’m going to put the rest of the post under a cut. Enter at your own risk! And if you’d rather not bother, feel free to enjoy this adorable puppy picture instead…
D’aww, just look at that face!