Jewel Quest Mysteries 2: Trail of the Midnight Heart

There’s something going on today. Something big, I just can’t remember what it is.

No no, don’t tell me, it’s on the tip of my tongue.

Starts with a “J”, ends with an “uest”

Ow, I keep bumping my head on something, what is tha…

Holy moly, Jewel Quest Mysteries 2: Trail of the Midnight Heart is out today!!!

Ok ok, I knew that, we’ve all been working very hard to bring you this wonderful game.

I think you’re really going to like it. Of course it has all the familiar elements; a great adventure story that you’ve come to expect from the Jewel Quest series – Jewel Quest jewel boards between the levels – hidden object search screens with breathtaking art.

It also has some really cool new features.

Some of the objects you’re searching for – say a hammer or a screwdriver – are tools that will be placed into your inventory as you find them. You’ll need to figure out how to use them in the scene in order to uncover pieces of the jewel boards. If you’ve found all the objects on a screen and it won’t let you leave yet, you need to do something with an inventory object, look for something that’s sparkling and use an inventory item there.

Other times you’re searching for dragonflies in your list of objects, and once you find them, they will bring you a piece of the jewel board.

There’s also a really unique feature in the scrolling search screens. You are moving through the landscape (in a plane, on a train, etc) and plucking out the objects as you go.

In each search screen there are gold lion coins. For each three you find, you earn an extra hint. There are also a bunch of small jewels to find in each screen. You can use those to purchase cool powerups to assist you. A few of the powerups are: Freeze Screen – Allows you to pause the timer while you continue to hunt. Dragonfly – A dragonfly leads you to a gold lion coin. Jewel Sense – Your cursor sparkles of it’s near a jewel.

And as if all that isn’t enough, we’ve also got two, TWO different contests!

iWin is giving away $1,000 a week for 6 weeks!

Download the game, and look for the iWin logo in one of the opening search screens. Click on the iWin logo to bring up an entry form. You could be one of six lucky people to win $1,000!

We’re also giving away a gorgeous diamond and garnet necklace.

I have seen the necklace, and it is beautiful! We’re talking real diamonds. I’m also very fond of money, so I’m extremely jealous that iWin employees aren’t eligible to win!

I asked around for a few quotes from the folks who worked on Jewel Quest Mysteries 2, and here’s what I got.

“this hidden object game is so rich and lavish, you feel like you’ve been dropped right into the actual locations”

Andrew – Lead Quality Assurance Engineer

iWin Wonder Producer Dennis had this to say:

“I wish everyone in the world can be as awesome as Terrie. Without her, iWin would fall to pieces”

Truer words have never been spoken, but then he gave his actual quote.

I hope everyone will enjoy the game because we really put a lot of effort into it”

Then we pretended to be cops and mercilessly interrogated Dennis until he caved and gave us the following interview:

Q: Describe for us what it was like making Jewel Quest Mysteries: Trail of the Midnight Heart

It was both heaven and hell for the team this time around. There was always some type of heated debate between team members on what features to add and keep. At times, it could be described as “Live bees pumped into air conditioning.” But in the end, when we do our focus group testing or when we take early builds to have our family members play-test it, the positive reactions we get makes it all worthwhile.

Q: What is your favorite element of this exciting new game?

A: The team really liked how the traveling scrolling screens came together. We really wanted to get some new mechanics into the hidden object genre, and hope introducing parallax scrolling screens will add a new dimension to the gameplay.

Q: What are the main differences between Jewel Quest Mysteries: Curse of the Emerald Tear and its sequel, Jewel Quest Mysteries: Trail of the Midnight Heart?

A: Well, this time around, we went bigger and better on all fronts. More hidden object screens, more animations, more gameplay modes, better replayablility, and more upgrades to choose from. We wanted to make this a true sequel with all aspects of the game. We also added the scrolling screen this time around to give the player a different gameplay mechanic in addition to the tried and true hidden object screens.

I hope everybody gives Jewel Quest Mysteries 2 Trail of the Midnight Heart a play. It’s a wonderful game, and I’m very proud to be a part of it!

1. Posted July 16, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Hi All….MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE GAME. I played it 3 times. Game stops after the first level when you are going to play the jewel box. you get a lua error. My computer is really up to date: huge memory, plenty of ram; Firefox 3.01. Game problem, not computer problem. Good Luck.

2. Posted July 16, 2009 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

you guys said that if i signed up for the sweepstakes i would get the 60 min trial but that is not what i got. was very upset cause i don’t like to purchase anything without trying it first. so whats up w/ that??????

3. Posted July 16, 2009 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

Hi Pam,

Can you try deleting the following the “iWin”folder located on your system here:

If you have XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\\Saved Games

If you have Vista:

C:\Documents\\Saved Games

After you delete that folder, try running the game again. If you still have that issue, please contact our support team and we’ll see if we can troubleshoot it for you. Thanks.

4. Posted July 16, 2009 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

oops..that should be:

for XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Saved Games

for Vista

C:\Users\Username\Saved Games

5. Posted July 17, 2009 at 12:50 am | Permalink

the ad for JewelQuest 2 contest states that you can download a 60 minute trial, however when you go to download the game it only allows you a 30 minute free trial. What gives?

6. Posted July 18, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

I was wondering how you purchase this Game can you buy it through your bank account? Or do you have to buy it through a Credit Card? Is it out on any other websites, Say Big Fifh Games Etc? Thank you for your Time, Sincely, Meredith Brown Thank you again. I would like to play this game tomoerrow after 3pm? would that be alright with you? And to Enter the Sweepstakes as well? Meredith Brown.

7. Posted July 22, 2009 at 10:05 am | Permalink

your contest is not open to other countries: are other countries not important to you?

8. Posted July 22, 2009 at 10:07 am | Permalink

30 minutes is not long enough to make a decision

9. Huntress
    Posted July 23, 2009 at 7:46 am | Permalink

I got to the last diamond and there was a boat and they were talking but the game stopped without me finishing it!!! All the work and no one can tell me how to finish the last scene???

10. Posted July 25, 2009 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

Hi, This is for Andrew??? I am new at this. I have been working with this program; I Win; Since, June 2009. This the 1st time that I found any information on anything how to do this or do that. I AM TOTALLY BLIND ON WHAT TO DO!! I have made it to floor 8 without being thrown out of Hotel IWin. Your information about what to do to help run the games smoother is great. This is great. I hope that I can find this site again. I am Lin4 on the 8th floor. Thanks for the info!!

11. Posted July 25, 2009 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

Dennis or Terri this is for you. I have a tech.? Why is it I can play some of the should I say platforms/levels and cannot play others. THIS IS SUCH AN AWESOME GAME. I have alredy bought it and played it under different player names, but the problem is that the mouse in fine in on place but not the next. I am new with computers, but love the thrill of it. Lin4; floor 8, iWin Hotel

12. Posted July 25, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

Andrew, This is for you. My question is How do you bookmark this site? I do not know if I can ever get back to this site either!! Lin4

13. Posted August 18, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

14. Posted November 23, 2009 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

Wow loved reading this post. I submitted your feed to my google reader.

15. Posted September 15, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

It’s such an awesome game. I wanna try playing it. Please keep posted! Thank you…

3 Trackbacks

1. By Jewel uest | Keanahiraki on May 29, 2011 at 7:45 am

[…] Jewel Quest Mysteries 2: Trail of the Midnight Heart | iWin BlogJul 17, 2009 … Of course it has all the familiar elements; a great adventure story that you’ve come to expect from the Jewel Quest series – Jewel Quest … […]

2. By dock box npcc netflix on October 27, 2014 at 12:05 am

dock box npcc netflix…

Jewel Quest Mysteries 2: Trail of the Midnight Heart | iWin Blog…

3. By French Connection Bandage Dresses on October 29, 2014 at 10:57 pm

French Connection Bandage Dresses…

Jewel Quest Mysteries 2: Trail of the Midnight Heart | iWin Blog…