New Hotel Features! And New Items!

Just in time for the weekend we are pleased to announce new store items (see below), new features, and a bunch of bug fixes.

First off, new Hotel features…we were pleasantly surprised at how quickly the community utilized the Message Wall.  In response we have added the ability to reply directly to Message Wall posts and have them appear on a friend’s wall. Makes it much easier to have a conversation.

You can now track how many people have visited your rooms by clicking on the “More” button in your Profile area and looking at the “Visits” total. This is a total of people who have visited any of your rooms.

And finally you can browse other rooms easier with the addition of new criteria in the  “Meet Others” area. We have broken it out by time period as well.

With the release yesterday we had a bunch of minor bug fixes but a major one as well. If  you were having issues viewing the Store items this problem should be cleared up now. If you are still having trouble please submit a ticket by clicking on the “Help” button in the Hotel and we will check it out.

Here are the new items that we launched today. A nice mixture of indoor and outdoor items and the teenage daughter to go with the teenage son we launched on Tuesday:

ITEM: CATEGORY:
Jukebox Appliances
Birdhouse Hobby
Birdfeeder Hobby
Coat Hooks Decor
Game Console Appliances
Game Console (back) Appliances
Teenage Daughter Pals

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Nathan
Senior Producer
iWin.com

Share/Bookmark

85 Comments

1. Posted March 6, 2009 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

I think at first it was a little confusing to figure out what this was and how it worked if there is an easier way you could come up with that would be great just a little feed back for me personally

2. Deb
    Posted March 7, 2009 at 12:57 am | Permalink

Since you ave started this Hotel it has REALLY messed with our game Avitars. First of all it should not have changed our Original Avitar unless we asked for it to be done. Some of us have been playing certain games for a LONGggggg time and we are known for our special avitars( mine more so since it was unique and a glitch in the system when I made it.. NOBODY else had it.. Now it is gone!! Had it for 3 yrs!!) Sorry but that really made me mad! Secondly again since you started this hotel, now when we play games like Family Feud online or Wordscape where you see our Avitars they are either faceless or they show random faces. In other words it’s not even the Avitar that we have in the Hotel, one game I am Faceless another I am some curly headed blonde guy then I turn into an African American in the next game! This is TOTALLY CONFUSING! I want my old Avitar back to play my games and just let the Hotel be a Avitar on it’s own. And PLEASE fix the Random Avitars!! UGGHH!!

3. Barb
    Posted March 7, 2009 at 3:46 am | Permalink

Just want to give a thumbs up to Iwin!! I love the hotel idea & opals to achieve goals for each room!! I presently belong to Big Fish Games, which honestly was starting to become boring for me. I’m seriously thinking of becoming monthly member & discontinuing BFG club. Keep up the imaginative and fun ideas for your members! You rock!!

4. Nisha
    Posted March 7, 2009 at 8:26 am | Permalink

I would really appreciate if you would get some black, asian, hispanic people I can purchase…just people of color for hotel. It is not fair to me as an afro-american to have to purchase a white baby when I have a black baby. At this day and age it should have already been done.It was very irresponisble on iwins part not create other races when designing the hotel.

5. Posted March 7, 2009 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Deb — We are aware of the Family Feud Online Party avatar issue and working to fix it as soon as possible.

Nisha — Agreed about “avatars of color.” They are coming soon!

6. Psychig
    Posted March 7, 2009 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Would be nice to be able to purchase items like balloons, birthday cakes, gifts for friends and send them to their rooms,

7. OceanSkies
    Posted March 7, 2009 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

I agree with Nisha’s request. I was actually going to request the same thing. It would be nice to see ppl of different ethnicities to purchase. There is such a variety of ppl who are members of iwin..not just caucasions. Some Asian, Latino, and African American ppl would be really cool. I’m actually Asian and Native American…so the caucasion kids don’t really fit who I am. Also if this were to be done…it would be nice without stereotyping involved. Not that iwin would do that. =)

Also, I was hoping that one of the gliches that was fixed would have been the one concerning the “place your order” button. I’ve been trying to place an order for 2 weeks, and can’t place one. I’ve already put in two tickets for it, but everything they tell me to do..is not working. I’ve never had that prob before. I understand that others are having the same issue.

All in all I really enjoy Iwin! I’ve been a member for a while now.

8. harmony
    Posted March 7, 2009 at 11:57 pm | Permalink

Maybe you can add an item return/or send item to friend button. Have some balloons, gift boxes and other things sitting in *storage*. Would be nice to give gifts to another person on their b’day, or return unneeded things back to store*. Hopefully, in the future, there will be a main lobby where friends can gather and talk public/or privately. Limited space to say much on friends message walls*. Other than that doing a fine job there Nathan person!, carry on !

9. Posted March 8, 2009 at 2:02 am | Permalink

i changed floors and put everything in my new room and while i moving things around i lost my maine coon and brown spaniel. they are stuck at the bottom of my room. by the foot of the bed i can see the very tip of the cats ear when its not licking it’s paw, but i can’t bring it up. my dog is all the way down i can’t even see the dog. can you help me get them back? i don’t want to have to purchase new one’s when i intended to keep them or i would have left them at the old room. thank’s. i hope you can help!

10. Cheryl
    Posted March 8, 2009 at 8:01 am | Permalink

For the last 3 days now everytime I try to add a friend or post a message it says error occured please try again or close & re-open & even when it does manage to add friend it still says they havent been added on messages. Whats happening???

11. Cheryl
    Posted March 8, 2009 at 8:03 am | Permalink

I forgot to say really enjoying hotel iwin but could we not be able to create another avatar ourselves like a friend, hubby, partner etc???

12. Posted March 8, 2009 at 9:52 am | Permalink

i managed to pull the cat up from under the room, but can’t get the dog, please help me, my cat misses the dog!

13. KIMMY
    Posted March 8, 2009 at 11:35 am | Permalink

I AM A DOLL COLLECTOR AND ARTIST AND WANTED MY IHOTEL CHARACTER TO ALSO HAVE A DOLL COLLECTION AS WELL, BUT THERE AREN’T ANY DOLL’S IN YOUR SHOPS UNDER HOBBIES. PLEASE ADD A DOLL AND TOY SHOP. MY DOLLS AND TOYS ARE A BIG PART OF WHO I AM.

14. Catherine Laichalk
    Posted March 8, 2009 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Hi, Why such a big increase in opals? ex. Elvis was 2500 now 5000-large wet bar 2500 now 5000.
    Still not getting my opals everytime I play. Need
    to drop people from 2500 to 250, so they’re affordable :)

15. Jeannie
    Posted March 8, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

I, too, am having issues with placing an order. Been trying for almost a week and nothing. I have requested help but haven’t heard a word. So help?

16. Meg
    Posted March 8, 2009 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Are the uploaded pictures connected to the emotion icons? When I change emotions my uploaded picture goes away. Can we upload a picture for each emotion?

17. Katia
    Posted March 8, 2009 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

This weekend I have lost over 700 opals. I play for an hour and the screen says “Play longer to earn opals.” I have just put in my 3rd ticket. However, just before that I was able to play all day until 6pm. I have taken to closing down the screen every hour to make sure I don’t lose too many opals. HELP! Also, is there any way to get my lost opals reinstated? Finally, I signed up for the newsletter last week to get the extra 500 opals. When will they be posted to my account?
    I want you to know I really love this site, no matter what glitches you still have in your switches. I have made friends in Poland, Brazil, Thailand, and Israel in addition to America. Thanks for all your good work!

18. Judith Ann
    Posted March 8, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Hey Nathan..

I am still having the issue with NOT being able to opals every time Iplay IWIN games…I gained some opals this morning, but since then, all I get…everytime I play…is Play LONGER to GET OPALS…I had just played for an hour and a half and got NOTHING for my time spent…I am signed/logged in…so that is not the problem…but it is really getting annoying, since I am going to gain another floor, and will NOT have many opals to purchase the items I want to put into my new floor..Thanks for any help, Nathan….I truly enjoy the IWIN games, and Hotel IWin…rocks…!!!…

19. Sue
    Posted March 8, 2009 at 10:32 pm | Permalink

If possible, I would like to be able to interact with friends e.g. have them in my room; be able to chat in ONE place (perhaps the Lobby); have a drink/meal/spa/sit down with someone. Otherwise I don’t see what the purpose of having the hotel is for?
    Also, some of your Technical Support is quite overwhelming and daunting to people who don’t know much about computing.

20. Al
    Posted March 9, 2009 at 6:37 am | Permalink

I’d like to be able to purchase opals in addition to earning them for games and I’d like to be able to use the icoins that I have on other game sites on iwin.

21. Sharon
    Posted March 9, 2009 at 8:35 am | Permalink

Dragons and Castles Tents from the medievil times that would be a theme a lot of people would like I know I would.

22. Janda
    Posted March 9, 2009 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

I lost opals too. How do you get them back I lost about a 1000 opals

23. Bess Allen
    Posted March 9, 2009 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

I also have lost alot of opals. I play a couple hours & sign comes up that I need to play longer. Then I look to the side & see someone just won 2 opals playing the same game.Saturday night I played for 4 hours, & got the sign, looked over & CJ the concierge had just gotten 25 opals.I had worked very hard for that & felt it had been taken away from me. Also I have not seen anything in the rules about a limitation before getting opals. Is this new & how long do we have to play?I have been losing since last Thursday night. Is there any chance we will get what we have earned?I do love this hotel& I have tried my very best to greet& help new people. There is only one of me. I have run into 2 others. Is there anyone that can help answer these peoples Questions. I randomly pick rooms & go. And.Thank you so much for having this spot. We send in tickets & get back letters saying you gave solutions, when that never happened. I’m still just as confused & you never got close to my subject. Here, at least Others can hear it too. Thank you very much for any help you can give.

24. Posted March 9, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

Bess Allen and everyone having trouble with Opals,

This is our number issue we are working on right now. We are trying to gather information from people who are having the problem so if we get back to your ticket please give as much info as possible.

I am confused by your problem though. You say you “got the sign” and it showed someone else had won Opals. What did the left side say (the side that shows your Opals)? Zero? Can you send in a screen shot with a ticket to the support site? http://hotelsupport.iwin.com.

Also, the Opal limitations have always been in place and explained on the support site.

Thanks,

Nathan

25. Jamie
    Posted March 9, 2009 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

I just wish I were getting any sign of opals period. I played a purchased game for about 4 hours and got no sign or anything. And no opals have ever showed up since (it was last weekend too!). Pretty much, I made my avatar with the few opals given to start out and nothing since. My only wonder is if my game manager isn’t updated or something. Would that be an issue? If I have to update it and/or reinstall it, will I lose my purchased game and the contents of it? I ask because I have Virtual Villagers 3 and would rather risk not having opals than run the risk of losing the tribe I’ve put so much into for months.

26. Cheryl
    Posted March 9, 2009 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

Tonight I realised that I havent got any friends listed after the letter” P “, also still can’t add any friends?

27. Posted March 9, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

the avatar should beable to sit in there chairs or lay on there beds!
    ms_ally_b=Alice

28. Anna
    Posted March 9, 2009 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

I have lost opals, too. Several times it says I have to play longer to earn more opals. One thought though is that when I shut down the game manager, I log in another time on another day and it shows the opals that I had earned previously. So I am wondering if anybody has tried that? It worked for me more than once.

29. Anna
    Posted March 9, 2009 at 11:52 pm | Permalink

Also, it would be nice if you had a “back” button. When I come to this page, I have to re-launch Hotel iWin to get back to where I was. And it would also be nice if that was on the games list also. When you click on a game in any category, it would be nice that once you checked it out, you could hit a “back” button to return to the list of games you were previously viewing.

30. Cheryl
    Posted March 10, 2009 at 7:26 am | Permalink

Added another friend today & it took off the last one on my list of friends which only went up to “P” anyway cos after that they seem to have got lost. Is anyone else having this problem????

31. Posted March 10, 2009 at 11:07 am | Permalink

Cheryl,

There is a 100 friend limit to how many you can have on your list. We will look at increasing this soon.

32. Bess Allen
    Posted March 10, 2009 at 11:15 am | Permalink

Hey again. Thank you so much for responding so quickly!You gave me hope. Tickets seem to be glanced at and automatically answered. I did as you said. Made so much sense,Thanks! Two more problems. These have to do with friends. One I have looked for answer and cannot find. I tried to delete message and accidently hit ignore, I wrote friend, told her to come back. Did everything I could think of and she can’t be added to my list. Two,I also have a few other friends that cannot be added to my list. It keeps saying “try again”, I went to one today ,she wrote back and friend went thru. So any out there with this type Friend problem might try this. But the other did not. Hope you have the same patience as yesterday and help. Thank you so much. But I don’have tip

33. Posted March 10, 2009 at 11:26 am | Permalink

Bess Allen,

You should be able to add friends by typing in their name exactly in the “Add Friend” popup. You can find it at the bottom of your Friend’s List. If it still doesn’t work, please submit a ticket. I sit right near the Customer Support folks and am helping them with tickets every day.

Nathan

34. Bess Allen
    Posted March 10, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

THANK YOU!!

35. Katia
    Posted March 10, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

I have some interesting data concerning the no opals situation. Today is Tuesday, I have been losing opals since last Thursday. Today it came earlier than it ever has 3:00 PM EST. As I had time, I created another avatar on my business email. (I wanted a male, they get to be cool secret agents and knights) I went right in and played on the same computer with the same games and stats. I earned the correct amount of Opals!! I went back to my regular avatar, played the same amount of time, no Opals. This was surprising data to me. I hope it helps! I can’t wait to get this situation resolved. I want a Magic Door!

36. Posted March 10, 2009 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Katia,

You are only able to earn Opals for 12 hours of play every day. Are you playing for more than 12 hours? That might explain why one account worked and another didn’t (one account had already played for 12 hours).

Nathan

37. Katia
    Posted March 10, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

Thanks, I didn’t know there was a limit. Where is that information located. Also, you will see a repeat of my previous email. I hit post, came back error

38. Katia
    Posted March 10, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Help! I was just told, making an avatar on my work account is illegal. Please don’t kick me out. Let me know what I need to do to stay. YIKES

39. Posted March 10, 2009 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

Katia,

I got rid of the second post. You can find the information on earning Opals in the knowledge base at http://hotelsupport.iwin.com

Who told you making an extra account is illegal?

Nathan

40. Posted March 10, 2009 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Hey Nathan,

You do a fantastic job….thanks for all the help…I hate being a nag…Hmmmmm…at least that what my husband calls me..when I am focused on an issue…until I get resolution…I call it tenacious….;-) I still have the problems with not getting opals…I know about the 12hr limit…and I know that I have to be signed/logged in to your site…but I still have the problem of not getting opals when I do deserve them…it seems I can only play about 4 hr…and I have to wait…about 4 to 5 hrs to play again..before I can earn opals again…I have logged off..and logged on again…still no difference in my opals…one user suggested that hint…I am not sure what I am doing wrong?? I know what the other user is talking about…seeing another user get opals…for playing the same game…One the left side..it tells me what opals I have earned..on the right side of the screen..it flashes other users..and their what opals they earned..whether they spent one minute…earning two opals…or earning hundreds of opals…I wonder the same thing…why did I earn opals…it is very frustrating to me…I LOVE Hotel IWIN…and have lots of fun decorating my floors…I enjoy greeting & meeting new friends…All in all, your site is a WINNER…and I appreciate all you do…to make it a successful experience for us all….Thanks again for any help you can give me…it is much appreciated, Nathan….;-)

41. jeean
    Posted March 10, 2009 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

can we please get some people of color to buy for the hotel rooms, how was this not considered and Im not talking about avatars. I want a black hubsand in my hotle rooms and a black teenage daughter and baby.

42. Rhonda Davis
    Posted March 10, 2009 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

Hi,
    I think the Iwin Hotel is really cool. It’s fairly new and I expect there to be kinks in it as with all new technology. Just would like to see the pals in all races since all races play games on Iwin. Also is there a way that the avitar’s hair, glasses and hat be different for each floor that it is created on? I am a stylist and it would be nice to have salon items to purchase. I think this is a wonderful idea with all of the reality shows on TV that I don’t watch… it’s nice to live in a fantasy every now and then. Keep up the good work.

43. fotoman5
    Posted March 10, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

please please could there be surfing clothes.board shorts for a start would be nice and maybe more casual surfing gear hoodies etc.many many thanks.

44. Loretta
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 12:58 am | Permalink

Love this site, had to take some time off from winning opals due to a hectic work schedule. Love the new additions, just wish the teenage son and daughter didnt cost so many opals. Still waiting on the my pet lizard, please dont make him too expensive. Think I finally got my billing issues fixed so I will be buying more games to win double tokens. Once again GREAT JOB here at hotel iWin.

45. krazegirl
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 12:59 am | Permalink

I LOVE THIS SITE

46. Brishty
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 3:18 am | Permalink

good site

47. Brishty
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 3:20 am | Permalink

need some more..things ……

well avibialtiy of opals earn

48. brishty
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 3:21 am | Permalink

loving site

49. Cheryl
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 7:18 am | Permalink

Nathan thank you for your reply. I checked how many friends i have in my list & its 76- you said i cud have 100- so where is my extra 24?????

50. Posted March 11, 2009 at 9:41 am | Permalink

I would like Large art work for the walls,bamboo chest,more dressy comforter, and bedroom items. Smaller rugs, and please cheaper prices,last but not least, beautiful girly candles, for candle light dinners. Thanks

51. brishty
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 10:27 am | Permalink

need som,e more extraa ornidary things

52. Posted March 11, 2009 at 10:38 am | Permalink

Jeean,

Ethnic Pals are coming. It was considered but creating the art takes awhile.

53. Posted March 11, 2009 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Rhonda David,

We are working on allowing different hats and glasses per floor. It will be a few weeks. And the salon items are a great idea! I will addd it to the (growing) list. Our list is big so it will be at least a couple months before we can put those items in.

54. Posted March 11, 2009 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Loretta,

Great news! We like to hear people are buying more games :)

Cheryl,

I was mistaken. The Friend limit is 75, not 100. BUT, we are increasing it to 250 (!) with our next release. Hopefully next week. Sorry for the confusion.

55. Posted March 11, 2009 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

I play games on the iwin games manager, but don’t earn anything. Where can I play games that I don’t have to download or buy in order to get icoins & opals????

Please HELP!!!!!

56. jeean
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

I played today and at the end of games it kept saying 0 opals. How do I get these lost opals back is there a glich in the system. I played five games and got 0 opals.

57. Posted March 11, 2009 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Jeean,

I know that uninstalling and reinstalling the game helps sometimes as the older games may not be picking up the Opals. Try that and submit a help ticket if it doesn’t work.

58. Christina
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 7:59 pm | Permalink

Hi Nathan, like Judith Ann, I too am earning Opals for only 4 hours of play after playing for well over 12 contiguous hours. I was not aware that there is a 12-hour per day limit on earning Opals until I read your response to one of the posters here. But, still, I should have received all of the Opals I earned during the 12 hours I played a game I had bought from iWin. So that would amount to 1440 Opals total for 12 hours that I should have earned at most given your time restriction, right? That’s 12 hours x 60 mins per hour x 2 Opals per minute. Yet I earned only 480 Opals (that’s the total for 4 hours of gameplay) after playing aver 12 hours. I also have another question: If I’m playing in the middle of the night and keep playing past midnight and play well into the wee hours of the next morning, does that date change affect the time played and therefore Opals earned? That is, does it matter when or what time of day/night you play to earn Opals, or does the earned-Opals-count start over at midnight (when the date changes from one day to the next)? Make sense? Thanks for your help.

59. Christina
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

Nathan, one more thing: For the life of me, I cannot find anywhere in the iWin Hotel Help pages where it states there is a maximum number of Opals one can earn within a specific time period. In several of the previous posts regarding people not receiving the Opals they should have because they played for several hours, certainly long enough to see a significant difference in their total Opal count, you posted a link to the iWin Hotel Help page but not the link to the particular help page that states the maximum number of Opals that can be earned. If you would be so kind, would you please post that link here so that I can read that limitation and its explanation for myself? Maybe it’s staring me in the face and I’m just not seeing it. But I have tried to find it and have read every single help page related to the Hotel, but none of them refer to the issue at hand. The only limitations I’ve found are those regarding how many Opals you can receive for posting messages or writing reviews, etc. All I’m interested in is the number of Opals I can earn at most during a predetermined time period for playing the games I own. Thanks again for your help.

60. krazegirl
    Posted March 11, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

Hate to post here but was wondering if I am the only one having trouble purchasing games. I have submitted tickets but haven’t received a real solution hence the not being able still to purchase games. There are three games I now want but cant purchase :( I submitted another ticket with more information so hopefully I will be able to purchase games by saturday which is my next day off.

61. Anonymous
    Posted March 12, 2009 at 12:28 am | Permalink

I’d like to know how to even have an avatar.. i am just a grey no-face

62. krazegirl - Loretta
    Posted March 12, 2009 at 10:43 am | Permalink

Sorry to bother u Nathan but you seem to be the most helpful. I have submitted yet another ticket concerning billing and credit card issues and nothing is helping. I am so frustrated I haven’t ever had a problem and now all of the sudden there’s a problem. There are about 4 games I want to purchase and can’t. Is there some way to compensate me for my troubles, I do not want a refund on a game or anything but maybe some iCoins, maybe then I would be able to get at least 1 of the games I want until my billing problems can be fixed. I have logged out and back in and that doesn’t help. Problem isn’t on my end I made sure of that before submitting a ticket. Love this site just extremely frustrated right now. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

63. Posted March 12, 2009 at 11:07 am | Permalink

krazegirl,

I just talked to the head of Customer Support and we have received your ticket(s) and responded. I will reiterate their response:

There is a problem on our end with the billing system that is affecting some users at the shopping cart level. We know what the issue is and are working on it now. We are releasing the fix next week. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will follow up with you by email.

Nathan

64. krazegirl - Loretta
    Posted March 12, 2009 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Thanks you Nathan for your prompt response. I just checked back in with support and received the message that it is a site problem and not a problem with me personally so that makes me feel a little better. Didn’t want to do all this complaining to find out it was a problem with something I was doing. I will wait patiently and try again next week to purchase games and reactivate my membership. I still Love this site.

65. Posted March 12, 2009 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Christina,

The page I was referring to is here: http://hotelsupport.iwin.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=5621

It doesn’t explicitly state how many Opals you can earn each day for game playing games but you can earn Opals playing games up to 12 hours per day.

I have seen the issue were Hotel guests are only earning Opals for 4 hours of play and we are investigating this right now. We may have a bug and I will let everyone know when we find something out.

Nathan

66. stew
    Posted March 12, 2009 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

can the male figure look more manly, or can you put in the option to change body size, like make him fatter, or bigger, etc.

and i expect this goes for the female as well,
    i think people would like the figures to be able to have different body shapes. thanks

67. jeannie
    Posted March 13, 2009 at 6:12 am | Permalink

you know not everyone is a size 2 some of us are a tiniest bit bigger, how about some alternate body sizes thanks

68. Posted March 13, 2009 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Stew and Jeannie,

Have you checked out the plus size outfits? We are making more but we are faking larger body types with outfits.

For male look in Clothing/Outfits for the “Large Farmer Clothes”

for female we have more choices…look in Clothing/Outfits for “Large 1940’s Day Suit”, “Large 1970’s Pant Suit”, “Large Nanny Suit” and “Large Vest and Pant Suit”.

Nathan

69. Diana
    Posted March 13, 2009 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

I would love to see some small things like wine glasses or cups so that if you set a table, you can put things on it.

70. Diana
    Posted March 13, 2009 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

What newsletter are people talking about? They say if you sign up, you get 500 opals for it, Where do I sign up?

71. Christina
    Posted March 13, 2009 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

Nathan, thank you for responding so quickly to my comments and questions. These blogs are much better at getting quicker Customer Service than the trouble ticket system. From all the posts I’ve read in these blogs, it looks like others may feel the same as I do. So, again, thank you for helping us out as quickly as you do. I know you guys have a huge backlog of trouble tickets, and I hope and wish you well in catching up in addressing them because they simply cannot be relied on right now. The answers are too canned and come far too late if ever. At least here, you are addressing our questions with specific answers in a very timely fashion. I, for one, appreciate that more than you will ever know. I give you props and kudos for your dedicated work. And feel free to let David (head of Customer Ops) know that I said so. (He just might remember me and my phone call. LOL.) Keep up the good work. And I really do hope you guys get that bug fixed ASAP about some of us (like me) earning Opals for only 4 hours of gameplay instead of for 12 hours. This bug is unfortunately holding me back right now from purchasing any further games from iWin until the bug is fixed. Also, this might be an impossibility from a technical standpoint, but are you guys keeping track (or able to keep track) of everyone’s gameplay time since the Hotel opened so that you can go back and give us the Opals we’ve earned based on our actual gameplay time but did not receive in our “Hotel” accounts? I look forward to your answers to my questions. Thanks again for doing such a good job for your customers. — ChristinaF

72. Posted March 13, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Permalink

I love the hotel. What a great idea. I just bought another house last year and fixed it up like a hotel just for the comfort of living every day in luxury. How did I earn the floors?

73. Diana
    Posted March 14, 2009 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

Hi Nathan, I notice that I too am not getting all my opals. I see others able to buy more expensive things and I’m having a hard time, regardless of how long I play, getting 300 opals to be able to buy only the smallest things. I, too, noticed that a lot of the Prices being tagged on, like 25,000 for a couch, are too high to be able to get to that point. Can this prices be adjusted so as to make them available without having to play 80 hours?

74. Posted March 14, 2009 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

QueenAlice,

You open up new floors by earning Opals.

Diana,

Please make sure you submit a ticket with http:://hotelsupport.iwinc.com and give as much info as possible about what games you are playing. Uninstalling the game and the iWin Games Manager has helped some people and I suggest trying that as well.

Sorry for the Opal earning issues. We are working on it now. The high prices ensure we have a balanced economy and we will be launching new ways to earn Opals soon.

75. harrison
    Posted March 14, 2009 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

i think you have made some great items to put the hotel rooms keep the good work hotel iwin!!

76. Diana
    Posted March 15, 2009 at 11:48 am | Permalink

I’m trying to make my rooms more like home. I won’t be able to send what you asked for because I didn’t keep track of things. I just noticed that I can’t seem to collect opals like so many are with the ability to buy big ticket items. I’m lucky to hit 300 in a day. I don’t understand how I could get more, like some who are in the thousands. I’m not downing anyone, I just would like some help on earning more.

77. sharshe61
    Posted March 15, 2009 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

i would like to see some paintings that we could hang on our walls

78. sweetbab65
    Posted March 15, 2009 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

I Like Hotel I Win just the way it is!!!!

79. Elcon
    Posted March 16, 2009 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Hi Nathan. I have been playing on iwin for a few months now. I have just recently joined the hotel. It’s pretty fun but did I have’nt earned many opals so far (a little over a thou so far). In looking to earn I noticed that you could earn by signing up for the newletter. I had already done that when I registered though. Can I re-sign up for the newletter to earn opals? Or opportunity missed? Thanks, and keep up the good work!

80. sandy
    Posted March 20, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

these game r awsome but since you added the hotel it has messed up my avatar i need this fixed thx you

81. zirarn
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Nathan I am very impressed with the way you get right to people on here. I have a brip and my get kicked out of here but here goes. I want to upgrade to platinum and submitted a tickit toiwin first, all I ask was sence I pay with paypal they said I had to drop and rejoin iwin(does not make sence to me but what do i know ) ok so all I ask was if iunsubcribe and reloin iwin , will I loose all I have earned and bought for the ihotel, well first thing I guess the suport people seen was ihotel and ba!!!!! you submitted to the wrong placwe submit to ihotel ok I did and next thing i see is a mile long printing of how to submit a ticket, now I ask you is the question I ask that confussing? well I decline there suggestion and say why the sam hill cant some one give me a stright answer and the next thing I see is Admin closeing the tickit look at account and you will see I play a lot of games and buy a lot but if you all dont want my busseness than I will stop bothering you……. zirar

82. zirarn
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

chuckels, hay where,s the spell checker when you need one
    ha ha ah lol next time I will read it better before I hit the post botton ha ha ha

83. Judy
    Posted April 1, 2009 at 4:17 am | Permalink

Hi, my name is Nathan Fahrenthold and I am the Senior Producer for Hotel iWin. Our launch has been a huge success and it is very exciting to see the thousands of new rooms and avatars being created every day.

I have been checking in with our crack team in Customer Support (you know, the folks who answer the support tickets) and wanted to use this space to talk about a couple questions I see a lot.

How the heck do I earn more Opals?

The easiest way to earn Opals is to play iWin games. We award one Opal per minute you play. If you own the game you get two Opals per minute. Buying the game is great way to avoid the ads and earn double the currency.

We also have many other ways to earn Opals including:

Sign up for iCoins = 1,000(!) Opals (that’s like playing a whole week of games)
    Sign up for the iWin newsletter = 500 Opals
    Post a message on someone’s Message Wall = 5 Opals (you can get 25 Opals a day max)
    Write a game review (again, 25 Opals max per day)
    We will be adding new ways to easily earn Opals in the future so check the blog often!

This message was dated Feb. 23. As you will notice no mention of 720 opal limit or 12 or 4 hour limit. Those changed occured in mid March.
    I was lucky enough to have started earning opals before the hotel opened & before those changes occured.I was able to fix up 3 nice rooms. Now it’s going to take forever to do a decent room.Not only has new ways to earn opals not happened but restrictions have been put on earning them the old way.And the way the 24 hour time span is figured would take all day to figure out. If you have to put restrictions on the time just use midnight to midnight.Anyone can figure that out & you can still have the 4 hour limit if you have to.Then we can make the choice if we want to play & not earn opals.
    I guess most of all I hate being treated like a dummy. I know there are business reasons for these restrictions. But they were added later, not at the launch of the Hotel & I resent being told they were always there from the beginning.
    I hope this isn’t going to be another Maddie’s Daily Mystery screw up.
    Thanks for listening, I feel better.
    Judy

84. Minuet
    Posted April 4, 2009 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

You need to either reduce the price of items or increase the number of opals to be earned before going to the next floor. It costs more to decorate a floor than to move up a floor. I really think pets and pals and backgrounds should be reduced. I do not want to play for days and days just to purchase one item.

85. vivian666
    Posted April 16, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

I have noticed the motorcycles puchase price was doubled WHY?? I think that you should stick with the price it’s bad enough that the items are over priced to begin with. We can only earn so many Opals in a 24 hour period. How many other items have you raised the price on?

11 Trackbacks

1. アウター 非常にジャケット コート ベスト…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…

2. By Portones industriales usera on October 12, 2014 at 6:11 am

Portones industriales usera…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…

3. By free download adobe flash player on October 12, 2014 at 8:42 pm

free download adobe flash player…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…

4. By atm Machines on October 29, 2014 at 10:25 pm

atm Machines…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…

5. By bloggplatsen.se on November 1, 2014 at 1:09 am

bloggplatsen.se…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…

6. By we.cx on November 2, 2014 at 2:13 am

we.cx…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…

7. By real estate improvements on November 5, 2014 at 11:09 pm

real estate improvements…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…

8. By Data Analyst Job Description on November 10, 2014 at 7:21 am

Data Analyst Job Description…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…

9. By Business Analysis Technique on November 14, 2014 at 8:53 am

Business Analysis Technique…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…

10. By find cell phone location on November 17, 2014 at 9:06 pm

find cell phone location…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…

11. By ダイナース シグネチャー on January 8, 2015 at 11:55 pm

ダイナース シグネチャー…

New Hotel Features! And New Items! | iWin Blog…